Amanda-Users

[SAGE-AU] Amanda users

2002-09-04 00:33:48
Subject: [SAGE-AU] Amanda users
From: Nick Russo <nick AT cs.uchicago DOT edu>
To: Noel Paul <noel.paul AT mincom DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 23:17:06 -0500 (CDT)
Noel,
You can break the process into two steps:

 1. Run a cron job which will run the pre-script, copy /db1
    to a staging location, and then run the post-script.

 2. Have amanda backup the staging area, instead of /db1.

Amanda likes to come up with it's own schedule for efficiency
reasons, so I find it easiest to just decouple the snapshot
from the backup on moving filesystems.

Nick

 Nick Russo   email: nick AT cs.uchicago DOT edu   phone: 773.702.3438
    Computer Science Department   The University of Chicago
     Associate Director of Computing Systems, Systems Lead