Amanda-Users

Re: [SAGE-AU] Amanda users

2002-09-04 08:13:20
Subject: Re: [SAGE-AU] Amanda users
From: "Doug Meredith" <doug.meredith AT skyridge DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:02:57 -0300
Noel,

> I am experimenting with Amanda on our database servers and have discovered
> that we backing up our databases is proving to be a challenge using
Amanda.
> Specifically, we need to be able to run some pre/post script before/after
> backing up certain filesystems within a backup session e.g.

We have the same requirement.  What I am going to try (someone on this list
suggested this a few weeks ago) is to create a wrapper for the tar command.
The wrapper will look at the file system being backed up and do the
appropriate pre and post actions as well as invoke the real tar command.
The trick then is to get Amanda to use my wrapper.  My understanding is that
there are "configure" options that can be used to accomplish this.

Anyone actually done this?  Know what the configure options are?

Doug

--
Doug Meredith
Skyridge Systems Inc.