Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda-2.4.3b4 and tar exclude lists working?

2002-09-03 12:12:24
Subject: Re: Amanda-2.4.3b4 and tar exclude lists working?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:41:29 -0400
* Frank Smith (fsmith AT hoovers DOT com) [20020903 11:18] thus spake:
> --On Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:10:18 -0400 Jean-Francois Malouin
> <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just installed and configured amanda-2.4.3b4-20020829 on a Linux box
> > with an ecrix tape library and I might be stumbling on some bug and/or
> > feature: relative path exclude list don't seem to be used at all...
> >
> > Perusing in the posts for 2.4.3b4 announcement from Jean-Louis I see
> > that this version is supposed to have this fixed... Is this really the
> > case? I can provide debug files on demand.
> >
> Do you have an exclude list properly defined in your dumptype?
> Are you using tar?
> Is the exclude list file in the top level of the directory you're trying
> to back up and is it in the correct format?

I've been using amanda for a few years now and I'm fully aware of all
the quirks in setting up exclude lists. I have 3 other servers running
2.4.2p2 with relative exclude lists with tape libraries (exb-200,
adic-218 and stk-L40) with no problems whatsoever. For this one, I
decided to jump ahead with 2.4.3b4...maybe I'll go back to 2.4.2p2.

Anyways, yes, I'm using tar (GNU tar) 1.13.19.

Here are the dumptypes from amanda.conf:

---
amanda.conf
---

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
    index yes
    record yes
}

define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    priority low
}

define dumptype high-tar-raid-epilepsy {
    root-tar
    comment "partitions dumped with tar"
    priority high
    exclude list ".amanda-gnutar-exclude-list.txt"
}

---
disklist entry
---

blade /raid/epilepsy high-tar-raid-epilepsy

---
On the host blade (amanda server and client) I created a file called
/raid/epilepsy/.amanda-gnutar-exclude-list.txt:

[root@blade]# cd /raid/epilepsy/
[root@blade]# ls -la .amanda-gnutar-exclude-list.txt
-rw-------    1 amanda   disk          123 Sep  2 08:18
.amanda-gnutar-exclude-list.txt

---
exclude file
---

[root@blade]# cat .amanda-gnutar-exclude-list.txt
./diffusion/
./extra-TLE/
./F_MRI/
./MRI_misc/
./MT/
./neda/
./PREVIOUS/
./relaxo/
./restore/
./samson/
./thalamus/
./TLE/

> Frank
>

> --
> Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
> DOT com
> Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673
> Hoover's Online                                             Fax: 512-374-4501

Thanks!
jf
--
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.