Amanda-Users

RE: What does "-1" mean in disklist

2002-09-03 12:03:19
Subject: RE: What does "-1" mean in disklist
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:50:05 -0400
Actually, it's a performance management thing. If you have several
partitions on one physical drive, you can give them all the same spindle
number, and AMANDA will only pull one backup from each spindle at a time, to
keep from thrashing your drives. I use this on my older firewalls (200MHz or
less) to keep the backups from taking over the machine.