Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda-2.4.3b4 and tar exclude lists working?

2002-09-03 11:34:34
Subject: Re: Amanda-2.4.3b4 and tar exclude lists working?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>, AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 10:18:13 -0500
--On Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:10:18 -0400 Jean-Francois Malouin
<Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca> wrote:

Hello,

I just installed and configured amanda-2.4.3b4-20020829 on a Linux box
with an ecrix tape library and I might be stumbling on some bug and/or
feature: relative path exclude list don't seem to be used at all...

Perusing in the posts for 2.4.3b4 announcement from Jean-Louis I see
that this version is supposed to have this fixed... Is this really the
case? I can provide debug files on demand.

Do you have an exclude list properly defined in your dumptype?
Are you using tar?
Is the exclude list file in the top level of the directory you're trying
to back up and is it in the correct format?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com