Amanda-Users

sites using amanda - possible survey

2002-08-25 12:04:49
Subject: sites using amanda - possible survey
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 11:43:45 -0400
On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:45:08PM +0200, someone wrote:

> Can anybody of you provide me with a list of reference installations for
> amanda?

This question comes up frequently.

I've not seen a survey done in this mailing list, but I wonder if one would
be appropriate to get a reasonable answer to this question.  Then we could
put a "as of date XYZ, amanda was known to be in use in these organizations"
into the F-O-M.

If this is not objectionable, I'll volunteer to put together some kind of
survey form and post it weekly for say 4 weeks.  I'd ask the responses be
emailed to me directly (not to the list) and will collate the results.

As an alternative, or addition, a survey form could be emailed to just the
subscriber list.  I think many posters are not subscribers.  Conversely,
many subscribers may not be regular readers.

Thoughts?  Positive or Negative.

jon
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)