Amanda-Users

Re: sites using amanda - possible survey

2002-08-26 16:13:52
Subject: Re: sites using amanda - possible survey
From: Toni Schlichting <toni AT schlichting DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:59:07 +0200
Meanwhile I prepared a list of projects in which Amanda was used. As F-O-M doesn't provide much information I followed a recommendation of Dietmar Goldbeck who suggested to search google like this:

http://www.google.de/search?num=50&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=amanda+datensicherung

I exchanged the term "datensicherung" with "backup" and ended up with a huge number of hits. Then I searched the list for entries which gave a strong indication like this one:

   http://leda.law.harvard.edu/leda/manual/install/

Where I could find the following statement:

   At the LII we use and like the Amanda backup software

This finally lead to an entry in my list. What do you think about the idea to contact all the admins who placed those nice statements on the web-sites, to make them enter their project into F-O-M?

Best Regards

Toni