Amanda-Users

reiser-fs Problem ?!

2002-08-24 18:23:59
Subject: reiser-fs Problem ?!
From: Martin Schmidt <martin.schmidt AT jielo DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:58:54 +0200
Hi,

it's me again.

I get the error from amdump, that my
disk /usr/local/etc is offline
which is not the case.
I tested a little bit around and found out, that I can backup all dirs on
partitions with ext2 - filesystem, but I get always the following message
when I try to backup something on a reiserfs:
----------------------
calculating for amname '/usr/local/etc', dirname '/usr/local/etc'
sendsize: getting size via dump for /usr/local/etc level 0
sendsize: running "/sbin/dump 0Ssf 1048576 - /usr/local/etc"
running /usr/local/libexec/killpgrp
/dev/sdd2: Bad magic number in super-block while opening filesystem
  DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

Do I need a newer dump or should I use another tool ?

Thanks

Martin