Amanda-Users

Re: Run and dump cycle recommendations?

2002-08-15 21:52:30
Subject: Re: Run and dump cycle recommendations?
From: John Koenig <jfkoenig AT vipb DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:29:51 -0700

After seeing that /dev/sg0 is a rewinding device and reading in INSTALL
that it needs to point to a non-rewinding device, I changed it to point
to /dev/nst0 which is supposedly it in linux.  However, when 'amcheck -s
DailySet' is run again, I get this:

---
Holding disk /backup/amanda: 12891648 KB disk space available, using
7771648 KB
ERROR: /dev/nst0: rewinding tape: No medium found
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/index/localhost: does not
exist
Server check took 30.246 seconds
---

At least with /dev/sg0, it had found a medium.  And I'm not too sure
what's going on with the permission denied error either.

Was there a tape inserted into the drive at this point?
Had it been amlabel'ed

hopefully that is what is missing at this juncture...

?