Amanda-Users

SUMMARY: SGI IRIX xfsrestore

2002-08-13 19:59:13
Subject: SUMMARY: SGI IRIX xfsrestore
From: "Anne M. Hammond" <hammond AT solarz.Colorado DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:39:50 -0600
On an SGI IRIX 6.5.5m system, the following command will perform a
cumulative xfsrestore in the current directory, with verbose output.
The verbose output is useful, and is not all that verbose (as compared
to trace).  The tape needs to be positioned correctly at the beginning
of the amanda dump file.

dd if=/dev/rmt/tps2d5nrnsvc bs=32k skip=1 | /sbin/xfsrestore -r -v verbose - .

Thanks to Jon LaBadie, Brian Cuttler, and Jean-Francois Malouin.

Also from jf: (but not tried in this restore)
    rsh -n -l <amanda_server> amrestore -p <tape_device> <host> \
    [<disk_device>] [<timestamp>] | xfsrestore -ib 2 - .

    where <amanda_server> <tape_device> <host> <disk_device> <timestamp>
    should all be replaced with proper values. Values in brakets are not
    mandatory. The xfsrestore flags have to be typed *exactly as shown*.
    Don't forget to position the tape head correctly!

Note that in the original post below, -f (source) and - (standard in)
are mutually exclusive.  The restore command was taken from the
inter-dump record on the tape:

AMANDA: FILE 20020721 ajax /export/home6 lev 1 comp N program /sbin/xfsdump
To restore, position tape at start of file and run:
        dd if=<tape> bs=32k skip=1 | /sbin/xfsrestore -f... -