Amanda-Users

Re: Help with amanda client on SCO 5.0.5...Please

2002-08-08 22:11:23
Subject: Re: Help with amanda client on SCO 5.0.5...Please
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:56:28 -0400
On Thursday 08 August 2002 15:07, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 at 2:25pm, Gene Heskett wrote
>
>> >The date stamp on the source tarball, on the SCO machine is
>> > "july 25" and the newest one on ftp.gnu.org/pub/tar is "july 8
>> > 1999". I had to compile it because SCO's tar is not gnu. It
>> > compiled fine and appears to work ("tar -czvf [file] . " makes
>> > a nice compressed tarball)
>> >
>> >chris
>>
>> Oh boy, here we go again.  The gnu.org site is hiding the latest
>> tar again.  Can someone point this gentleman to the right
>> version of tar, please?
>
>Well, apparently it's back at:
>
>ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/tar/
>
>But it wasn't there last week.

Humm, thanks Joshua, but I wonder what kind of mind games they're
playing this time.  And with the testing just this group alone has
given it, I'd say there was nothing "alpha" about it.  One way or
the other we've beat the daylights out of it and its simply done
what we've told it to do.  What more can one ask?

Duh, it was missing last week eh?  Does the md5 sum match now?  I'd
damned sure check that after the openssl hoorah last week!

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M