Amanda-Users

Re: SMBCLIENT program not available

2002-08-05 17:50:18
Subject: Re: SMBCLIENT program not available
From: Martin Schmidt <martin.schmidt AT jielo DOT de>
To: Jason Brooks <jason0 AT mail.wrs DOT com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:38:29 +0200
Am Freitag, 12. Juli 2002 20:06 schrieben Sie:
> hello,
>
> Did you ever get this resolved?
>
> I just remembered also that if samba isn't setup correctly, this might
> produce this error.  I believe in order for samba to work at all, it
> needs an smb.conf file in the appropriate location.
>
> --jason

Hi,

I had to do a new installation because of hardware problems ( High Voltage
because of thunderstorm), so my tests were interrupted.

No,
I have the same problem.

Thanks for Your hint to the samba-configuration, the only thing I found was,
because in the newer SuSE-dist. the config files are in /etc/samba, so I
copied the smb.conf to /etc, but this did not change.
I can manually call smbclient as user amanda and see the shares, but amcheck
(and amdump) don't work.

I would really like to use amanda, but one of the points is, that I have to
backup several NT's and one DEC OSF/1 .

I think I will try the "hard" way:
I do a smbmount for every NT-Server and try to backup the dir.
I hope DEC OSF will do better.

martin