Amanda-Users

Resoved: SMBCLIENT program not available

2002-08-08 16:21:01
Subject: Resoved: SMBCLIENT program not available
From: Martin Schmidt <martin.schmidt AT jielo DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:10:01 +0200
Am Montag, 5. August 2002 23:38 schrieben Sie:

Hi,

it was too easy:

It just took a while for me to make out, that I need in the .amandahosts not
the server running samba, but Winpc with it's name and my amanda login-name
(additional the entry in the amandapass).

I found out after deinstalling samba and amanda, getting the whole stuff
"fresh" from the internet, installing it, having the same problem as before,
and at last reading for the 10th time the same articles there is a hint in
the book mentioned on the amanda-page to the .amandahosts.

Now samba-shares are backuped (Yeeeaaaah !!!! ), but my local disks tell me
something about beeing offline.
I installed the latestet version of gnutar, nothing changes, but I am still
looking in articles, mailling-list, etc. ... maybe I'll find out.

Thanks a lot to all who helped me and were occupied with my problem.

Martin