Amanda-Users

Re: xinetd problems

2002-08-05 10:22:58
Subject: Re: xinetd problems
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Paul G. Allen" <pgallen AT randomlogic DOT com>, amusers <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:50:17 -0400
On Monday 05 August 2002 05:00, Paul G. Allen wrote:
>OK, Gene, I copied your example and re-compiled and re-configured
> Amanda to use amanda:disk. The tape host now seems to pass
> amcheck. Now I'll tackle the remote client. Once I get that
> working, I think I'll be able to move on to my other 3 machines.
>
>It'll be nice to use this tape changer again without having to pay
>through the nose for commercial software (Arkiea wanted $1500 just
> to license a module for driving this changer!)

Yeah, tell me about it.  They wanted well over 2g for that and a 5
machine license when we last asked.  I don't know what changer you
have, got a Seagate/Compaq egu to a CTL-96 here.  Works great when
I remember to change the tapes :-/

>> 99.10% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly
>
>I'm at 99.525%, but then I have a dual Athlon 1400, a single
> Athlon 1400, a single Athlon 1200, and an Alpha 433 running 24/7.
> :)

What you see in the sig is what I've got running now.  I did have
another 550 celery at work before I retired.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M