ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage

2018-02-08 10:14:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:04:25 +0000
 Content preview:  We have a few dozen Windows systems, but nothing complex
enough
    to require more than simple POSIX permissions. Most of those Windows systems
    are instrument systems feeding an analysis pipeline and all connect with
   a single user account. The regular user accounts just belong to standard UNIX
    groups so don't really require ACLs to manage. [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD      Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
                             domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

We have a few dozen Windows systems, but nothing complex enough to require
more than simple POSIX permissions. Most of those Windows systems are
instrument systems feeding an analysis pipeline and all connect with a
single user account. The regular user accounts just belong to standard UNIX
groups so don't really require ACLs to manage.

Most of the systems using the storage are Linux cluster nodes running the
analysis pipeline over NFS.

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 09:44:37AM -0500, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> So you don't have any Windows filesystems on the ISILON? You are a purely
> Linux/Unix shop?
>
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
> edu>
> wrote:
>
> >  Content preview:  We briefly looked into doing replication, but trying to
> > convince
> >     our user base (scientists) that they should get several petabytes of
> > disk
> >     that they couldn't directly use would have been a non-starter. At the
> > time
> >     we also "only" had 10Gbps Internet connection, and sync'ing upwards of
> > 50TB/day
> >     would have consumed a substantial part of that uplink. :) [...]

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354