ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage

2018-02-08 11:36:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:33:59 -0500
That is pretty much what I figured.  That method won't work for us since
most of this ISILON data is from Windows desktops, servers, etc. so ACL
information is crucial since DFS is the key.

Thanks for your suggestions.  We do currently use 3-standalone Windows
servers to access the data via DFS mounts but they can't handle the
workload and will probably add even more such boxes but reduce the 85+
nodes into smaller, more manageable groupings and use the GUI (via helpdesk
or the like) for restores since the web client is going away.

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 10:04 AM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator