ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage

2018-02-07 22:12:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 22:07:21 -0500
Interesting.  As I said, we have no NDMP experience and wasn't aware of the
vendor specific process.

As for your technique, can you elaborate some more?   Where is the ISILON
NFS mounted?  To the TSM/ISP server?  How do you preserve file rights?
When our SAN guy pursued this (NFS) direction, an EMC forum discussion said
it would not work since "NFS TSM backup would only backup the POSIX
permissions and not the NTFS permissions" and since the ISILON is primarily
accessed as DFS, the file attributes/rights is critical!

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>