ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Open File Support and CIFS/DFS shares/mounts

2017-06-02 08:51:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Open File Support and CIFS/DFS shares/mounts
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 08:49:28 -0400
We have 3-Windows 2012R2 servers (current client is 7.1.3) that are used to
backup numerous (>50-each) DFS (were CIFS) mounts, each having their own
TSM NODE and schedule that includes Objects that point to the filesystem
(i.e. \\rams.adp.vcu.edu\SOM\TSM\GA\*).

This is done so each mount/group/area/directory/department can administer
their own backups via the webclient and unique ports for each.

One problem we have always struggled with is Open Files.  Invariably, we
constant get errors like:

ANE4987E (Session: 278819, Node: ISILON-DWS) Error processing '\\
rams.adp.vcu.edu\dws\WilderSchool\Shared\Administrative\GVPA_FIN\GPA
Department\Center for Public Policy\CPP Fiscal Officer\Com
Logs\FY17\~$CURA_Com Log_FY17_2017.04.15.xlsx': *the object is in use by
another process*

Since snapshotproviderfs doesn't work, how else can we handle open files
and getting backups, albeit fuzzy, of these files?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator