ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Open File Support and CIFS/DFS shares/mounts

2017-06-02 15:05:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Open File Support and CIFS/DFS shares/mounts
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 15:00:08 -0400
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that would make too much sense -
same with going to TSM VE or SAN based backups.  There is this obsession
with individualized, user/department/group managed, controlled backups on a
file-level, thus resulting is SAN storage being backed up via physical
servers and IP traffic.  There are too many hundreds of terabytes of ISILON
storage/backups to manage that many snapshots.  When we do VMware
snapshots, we usually can't keep them more than a day or two.