ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 7.1.4 woes

2016-04-26 11:49:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server 7.1.4 woes
From: Rainer Tammer <tsm AT SPG.SCHULERGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:47:28 +0200
Hello,
I think this is NOT acceptable.

Many systems are no longer officially supported.
We never had such a situation in the past 20 years!!!!

In many countries you are legally required to archive systems
(especially ERP systems) for at least 10 years after you have made
certain changes to the original system.

Such scenarios MUST be supported by a serious vendor.

The lifetime of systems is 15+ years in the field of mechanical engineering.
It is NOT possible to upgrade systems to new OS versions every year.

Bye
  Rainer Tammer