ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include

2015-10-02 10:25:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 10:21:27 -0400
Hi Zoltan,

Whether you use * or ? for the drive letter does not matter.

The specific problems you are seeing are not quite clear to me (would be
nice to have examples that show what you are seeing versus what you expect
to see...), but something else Paul wrote could also be applicable: that
the include statement file specification needs to have the \...\* in it if
you want the statement to apply to that directory and all its
subdirectories.

    include *:\mydir\* 15days

only binds files directly under *:\mydir to 15days. The above statement
will not bind files in *:\mydir\subdirx to 15days.

    include *:\mydir\...\* 15days

will bind all files in *:\mydir and its subdirectories to 15days.

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/welcome
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2015-10-02
08:42:12:

> From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2015-10-02 08:43
> Subject: Re: What am I doing wrong with this include
>
> I have seen documentation both ways and sometimes including both. This
> statement from
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/TSMC/SH26-4117-01/en_US/
> HTML/ans60013.htm
>
> To specify a management class named *managall* to use for all files to
> which you do not explicitly assign a management class, you would enter:
>
>    include * managall
>

> In another paragraph, it says:
>
> To specify your own default management class for files that are not
> explicitly included, specify:
>
>    include ?:* mgmt_class_name
>

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT cornell DOT edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Zoltan,
> >
> > I think the documentation around include/exclude wildcarding is very
> > confusing, but here is what I think you need to do:
> >
> > include ?:\Software\ClickCommerce\Backup\...\*  15DAYS
> >
> > While I cannot find anything in the manuals that indicate that a "*"
won't
> > work for the drive letter, all of their examples use "?" when
wildcarding
> > the drive letter.  Also, the "..." is important if you want to catch
all
> > files in subdirectories under "Backup", and not just the files in
"Backup"
> > itself.  Also note that the directory objects themselves are assigned
to a
> > management class via DIRMC, or if none is specified, then the
management
> > class having the longest RETONLY in that Policy Domain.
> >
> > ..Paul
> >

> > At 01:35 PM 10/1/2015, Zoltan Forray wrote:
> > >I thought I had this figured out but keep getting the wrong results.
This