ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include

2015-10-02 12:19:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What am I doing wrong with this include
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:14:57 -0400
Some of the documentation appears to not be platform specific, which causes
ambiguity and problems.  The first include (include * managall) would be
appropriate for a Unix system.  I'm not sure it is appropriate for a Windows
system.  The second example is clearly for a Unix system (because it has the
':' in it).  But note that second example uses a "?" to wildcard the volume,
and not a "*".  I suspect that TSM is coded to not allow a "*" wildcard for
matching a Windows drive letter, since it must be exactly one character.   But
I've yet to find anything in the manual that states this.

I suppose it would be easy enough to test this theory...