ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] When did IBM become so closed (kinder word than I was going to use)?

2014-06-09 11:09:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] When did IBM become so closed (kinder word than I was going to use)?
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 15:06:58 +0000
Hi.............

That has been like that for years.  X-servers, p-servers, storage systems, etc.
need to be on at least NBD IBM hardware support to get firmware code.  My boss
has not been happy with IBM hardware support when IBM made the change a few
years ago.  So, we placed most of our IBM hardware on NBD IBM hardware support
so we have access to current firmware versions.