ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] When did IBM become so closed (kinder word than I was going to use)?

2014-06-09 10:41:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] When did IBM become so closed (kinder word than I was going to use)?
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 10:40:23 -0400
<rant on>
I went out looking for firmware updates for my IBM 3592E06 drives that live
in my IBM 3583 Library.  I realized I needed to go to Fix Central from the
last time I went looking (a year ago) and couldn't find them on the FTP
site.

What I wasn't expecting is the need for my tape drive serial numbers.  Then
after supplying one of them, I was denied the firmware since our drives are
not under an IBM maintenance contract.

Anybody care to share?
<rant off>

--