ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] file system backups of a Dell NDMP Equallogic device

2014-02-13 14:13:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] file system backups of a Dell NDMP Equallogic device
From: "Dury, John C." <JDury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 14:11:24 -0500
We have two Dell NDMP storage devices and a TSM server at both sites. We'd like
to be able to root file level (image backups don't help much) backups (and
restores if necessary) of the entire  NDMP device to the local TSM server. Can
someone point me in the right direction or tell me how they did it? NAS/NDMP is
pretty new to me and from what I have read so far, the documentation talks
about backing up directly to tape, which we don't have any more.  All of our
storage is online.

What I was originally planning on doing, was creating all of the NFS shares on
one linux server, and backing them up as /virtualmountpoints. I'd like to setup
just one which points to the root of all the NFS systems on the NAS device but
I see no way to do that either.
Any help is appreciated.