ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] bfs files

2014-02-13 13:22:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] bfs files
From: Tom Taylor <TTaylor AT JOS-A-BANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:20:15 -0500
Quick question.

I have TSM 6.3.4 running on Windows server 2008 R2

This is coming from an inexperienced user so bear with me...

I have a primary storage pool spread over two disks in the TSM server. The
disks in the server are E: and F: (I don't know if this matters)

In my storage pool I have many volumes 25 GB in size. I always name them
"VOL" when I create new ones and the system appends more to the end to
make the names unique.
Everything seems to be functioning normally but I took a look at the
storage pool volumes and I notive I have about 10 volumes I have never
seen before that have names of the format "00000100.BFS".
I did not create these volumes and I don't know why they are there. I also
notice that they end in ".BFS" whereas the volumes I created all have to
file extension. What really bothers me is these mystery volumes
range in size from 100 to 500 GB in size! Im afraid the backup will fail
because the disk doesnt have room for this. I also notice that while the
25 GB volumes I create all have static sizes these mystery volumes (one of
htem currently) are actually growing.

Can anyone tell me...