ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4

2013-02-27 11:20:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4
From: James Choate <jchoate AT CHOOSES1 DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:18:25 -0600
We have done the same thing as well.
If you want more detail on the plan, I would do the following:

.1      Only needs to be done once, but load the upgrade utilities on the
server to be upgraded

.2      Backup 5.5.4 Database

4       extract the database .....(when I extract the db I always put the
manifest file on the /upgrade filesystem)
4.1     Copy devconfig & volhist to /upgrade  (grabs the devclass for the
extracted file)

5.1     copy devconfig & volhist from /upgrade to /home/<tsminst1>     (usr
name of new 6.2.4 instance owner)
        Check permissions on files

5.2     dsmserv removedb TSMDB1
5.3     cleanup directories that hold the db2 db, db2 log, db2 logm, db2
archlog, db2 arch failover by removing files
5.3     format database to meet sizing requirments
6.1     set dbrecovery
6.2     backup new 6.2.5 TSM db

No ideas on what the prepared db does.

~james