ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4

2013-02-28 13:31:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:29:29 -0600
We did this, more or less. Our old V5.5.6 system was perfectly useable
until I wiped it out. The preparedb and extract processes did not harm
the 5.5.6 system at all.

We did it "cold turkey", and the only change I made to your procedure
was a couple more database backups between steps. Search the archives
for my posts to this list December 20-27, 2012. Our experience was that
IBM's time estimates in the manuals are fairly close.

I would suggest a preliminary step of upgrading from 5.5.4 to 5.5.7.
There have been patches in the upgrade area.

Definitely make your target 6.2.5. Our newly-upgraded 6.2.3 system has
issues that appear to be fixed in 6.2.5.

Prepare yourself for it physically. Be rested. Stock the fridge at work
with sandwiches and soda. This is a marathon.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====