ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4

2013-02-27 10:06:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] upgrae from 5.5.4 to 6.2.4
From: "Lee, Gary" <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:03:05 +0000
So far, sounds good.
This is my plan.

1. run prepared on 5.5.4 server.

Two create a file devclass on 5.5.4 server pointing to /upgrade.

3. mount a file system from the new tsm server onto /upgrade.

4. extract the db to /upgrade.

5. restart the 5.5.4 server for production work.

6. do the insert on the 6.2.4 server.

Does this look reasonable?

I have so far not found an explanation of what the dsmupgrd prepared does.

Any ideas?

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University