ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool

2011-09-27 12:59:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:55:12 -0400
On 09/27/2011 12:02 PM, Rick Adamson wrote:

The bigger question I have is since the file based storage is
> native to TSM why exactly is using a file based storage
> not supported?

Not supported by what?

If you've got a DD, then the simplest way to connect it to TSM is via
files.  Some backup apps require something that looks like a library, in
which case you'd be buying the VTL license.

FWIW, if you're already in DD space, you're paying a pretty penny.  The
VTL license isn't chicken feed, I agree, but it's not a major component
of the total cost.

- Allen S. Rout