ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool

2011-09-28 03:21:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:16:11 +0200
In this mail, it really sounds like you're using your DD as both primary
storage and for TSM storage.

If the DD box fails, what are your losses?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get an idea how you're using
this box. It's sounds alot like you're using it both as a filer and as TSM
storage. That means if you loose it, you've lost both the primary storage (the
filer part) and your primary storage within TSM (the storage pool). That means
you have to restore the data from somewhere else (tape?).

Best Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB