ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool

2011-09-27 18:13:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] vtl versus file systems for pirmary pool
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:06:38 +0000
Actually I have more customers using Data Domains without the VTL license than
with it.

With a Windows TSM server, you can just write to it via TCP/IP using a CIFS
share(NFS mount with an AIX TSM server).
If you have sufficient TCP/IP bandwidth for your load, no fibre connections
needed.
>From the TSM point of view, you configure it as a file pool.

You get the benefits of dedup and (if you have a 2nd one at your DR site)
replication.
Neither good or bad, just different.
Very simple setup, works great if it meets your throughput requirements.