ADSM-L

Re: Collocation

2000-02-17 07:17:20
Subject: Re: Collocation
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:17:20 +0100
Hi Bill!
I didn't know that! I thought that ADSM would stop backups when you run out
of scratches.
Well, this sure changes things... I was always thinking that counting the
amount of available scratches was a good way of predicting your ADSM library
capacity.
I have to look for another way of calculating ADSM's storage capacity.
I am using a 3575 with (at this moment) 18 scratches left. So, I thought I
had 18/320*100=5.6% left. However, I now know that ADSM starts using
partially filled tapes from other nodes when there are no scratches left. I
directed the output from the command q volume stgpool=tapepool to a text
file and I imported that file into Excel. I calculated the average tape
usage for this storage pool and the answer was 43.3%. So, instead of having
5% left I have 43 % left! Right?
Wow! Guess my boss will be happy to hear this!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon