ADSM-L

Re: Exclude via option sets

1998-09-23 13:12:27
Subject: Re: Exclude via option sets
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:12:27 GMT
Replying to: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM> (Wed, 23 Sep 1998
10:42:39
-0500)
Hi Julie,
Hi Julie,

>I have the same problem with the client option set exclude being ignored.
>If going to the 3.1.0.5 WIN32 client and 3.1.1.5 server combination sees
>the problem of  \...\*  being fixed....   does anyone know which is it?
>The client upgrade or the server?   And which upgrade was it that caused
>all those problems with the DSMSCHED.LOG filling up a hard drive, and the
>switch to UNC names... was that the client upgrade or the server upgrade?
>I'm not in a position to make a change that is significant (like the unc
>name thing) at least not this month.  But I would like to get the exclude
>in the client option set problem fixed.

The problem with the client option set (APAR IX80647) was a client 3.1.0.3
problem.

I think the problem with the dsmsched.pru was a problem with a previous
release of the 3.1.0.5 client that seems to be soved it the release curently
available on the ftp server.

The UNC names are implemented on the Win32 3.1.0.5 client, but I don't think
of it as a "bad thing".

I've found no "major" problems with the 3.1.1.5 AIX server.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,