ADSM-L

Exclude via option sets

1998-09-23 09:18:28
Subject: Exclude via option sets
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:18:28 -0000
ADSM V3 Server and Clients on NT 4.0 SP3

Q: What's the difference between the following 2 exclude statements:-

exclude *:\...\PROFILES\...\NTUSER.DAT*

exclude *:\*\PROFILES\*\NTUSER.DAT*

A: Nothing if I put either of the above exclude statements into the
client's dsm.opt file.  However, when I try doing it via the option set,
the first exclude statement doesn't work nor in fact does any use of
"..." seem to work.

For example:-

Optionset                     Description                   Last Update
by

(administrator)
-------------------------     -------------------------
---------------
---------------
EXCLUDE                       Exclude unwanted files        ADMIN
EXCLUDE                       Exclude unwanted files        ADMIN

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 0
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: exclude *:\*\...\ntuser.dat*

does NOT work.

but

Optionset                     Description                   Last Update
by

(administrator)
-------------------------     -------------------------
---------------
---------------
EXCLUDE                       Exclude unwanted files        ADMIN
EXCLUDE                       Exclude unwanted files        ADMIN

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 0
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: exclude *:\*\profiles\*\ntuser.dat*

DOES work.

I have tried using quotes etc. but can't set a single implementation
using "..." to work via the client option set.  However, no problem when
putting the line into the client's dsm.opt file.

Has anybody got this to work?

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com