ADSM-L

Re: Exclude via option sets

1998-09-23 10:46:42
Subject: Re: Exclude via option sets
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:46:42 GMT
Replying to: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM> (Wed, 23 Sep 1998
13:18:28 -0000)

>ADSM V3 Server and Clients on NT 4.0 SP3
>
>Q: What's the difference between the following 2 exclude statements:-
>
>exclude *:\...\PROFILES\...\NTUSER.DAT*
>
>exclude *:\*\PROFILES\*\NTUSER.DAT*

The diference is that the first statement excludes
"C:\WINDOWS\WHATEVER\PROFILES\A1\A2\A3\NTUSER.DAT" while the second one
doesn't.

>A: Nothing if I put either of the above exclude statements into the
>client's dsm.opt file.  However, when I try doing it via the option set,
>the first exclude statement doesn't work nor in fact does any use of
>"..." seem to work.

There was a problem where the "\...\" was not being honored in an option
set. It seems to be working now, with Win32 client 3.1.0.5 and AIX server
3.1.1.5.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,