Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night

2005-04-14 01:27:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:27:07 -0500
--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

* Oleg Ivanov <o.ivanov AT verizon DOT net> [2005-04-12 22:27]:
> guys,
> if you want to skip one night of backup(s) per policy I just change effec=
tive start day on the policy properties to the next clendar day. even the p=
olicy is active but effective day has not come yet the scheduler will skip =
it.
>=20
> hope it helps...
> cheers,

What if there are ten clients in the policy, but you want to disable
only one of them? That's the real issue. Anyone can disable a policy,
but no one can do it at the client level.=20

The closest thing I have been able to do (and it's a mess) is to remove
all windows from all the schedules (remembering what they are, of
course) and then using cron to schedule all but the one client you don't
want to run, and then putting the windows back afterward. This can all
be scripted using the CLI, but like I said, it's a mess.

This is the ONLY way to disable a specific client and NOT LOSE it's
relationship to its last full.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com