Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night

2005-04-13 09:22:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:22:50 -0500
--=_alternative 0049805E86256FE2_=

You could on the client exclude everything(I don't like this one, cuz i
would more likely forget to set it back)

Or

stop the Netbackup service if it's 2k/2k3 or edit /etc/inetd.conf if it's
unix and comment out the netbackup daemons.

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 04/13/2005 07:45:40 AM:

> Lots of interesting suggestions so far.
>
> Another one : Create a bpstart_notify script on the client that simply
> returns a non-zero return code. The backup should fail in NetBackup.
>
> On 4/13/05, Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net> wrote:
> > Does anyone know a nifty way of disabling a client for one night
without
> > having to remove it and re add it to each policy? Im running netbackup
5
> > on solaris 8
> >
> > I am doing some scheduled work on a solaris client and it would be
nice
> > to not start it running rather than just take the legs from under the
> > backup job.
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > P.S the url i have for the archives is this
> > http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/  does anyone know
of
> > an easier URL which can be searched?
> >
> > Cheers

--=_alternative 0049805E86256FE2_=

don't like this one, cuz i would more likely forget to set it back)</font>
or edit /etc/inetd.conf if it's unix and comment out the netbackup
daemons.</font>
04/13/2005
07:45:40 AM:<br>
&gt; Lots of interesting suggestions so far.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Another one : Create a bpstart_notify script on the client that simply<br>
&gt; returns a non-zero return code. The backup should fail in NetBackup.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On 4/13/05, Dave Markham &lt;dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; Does anyone know a nifty way of disabling a client for one night
without<br>
&gt; &gt; having to remove it and re add it to each policy? Im running
netbackup 5<br>
&gt; &gt; on solaris 8<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; I am doing some scheduled work on a solaris client and it would
be nice<br>
&gt; &gt; to not start it running rather than just take the legs from under
the<br>
&gt; &gt; backup job.<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; Dave<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; P.S the url i have for the archives is this<br>
&gt; &gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-bu/ &nbsp;does
anyone know of<br>
&gt; &gt; an easier URL which can be searched?<br>
&gt; &gt; <br>
&gt; &gt; Cheers<br>
&gt; &gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt; &gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu<br>
&gt; &gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>