Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night

2005-04-12 11:40:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disable a client for one night
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:40:07 +0100
Yeah i was thinking of doing something like that, or changing my
/etc/hosts so a network time out happened to backup server. I just
thought of this as a dirty way.

I was wondering if there was something like bpclclient -client <client>
-disable -allpolicies
or something you know.

Ill go down the bp.conf route unless theres other suggestions

I do think it has practical uses though as maybe you dont want a backup
to be ran one night due to maintenance on a machine and if the
maintenance is scheduled for a time which is smack in the middle of the
backup window backups could be running and problems more likely to occur.

Cheers
Dave