Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO tape drives on Linux

2008-10-02 15:26:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO tape drives on Linux
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:23:54 -0400
On 9/30/08 2:09 PM, George Sinclair wrote:
Francis Swasey wrote:
I am using the QLogic drivers (on Red Hat EL/AS 4) downloaded from the QLogic site that are appropriate for my QLogic cards. I'm using IBM LTO4's in a Qualstar XLS library. Yes, I had to modify the stinit.def file to include LTO4 and I have to modify the /etc/init.d/networker script (or write one of my own that runs ahead of it) so the stinit command is run before networker starts controlling the drive.

Wouldn't putting something like:

post-install st /sbin/stinit

in the /etc/modules.conf file solve that problem? Assuming you have a '/etc/stinit.def' file in place, I would think it would run stinit against it before NW is started. That's how we do it, anyway. I have that line listed last in modules.conf with no special entries in the NW startup script itself. Also, the startup numbers for the NW scripts were kept as installed:
I was not aware of that option. If Red Hat's modules.conf file can do it -- all the more better. Yes, I have the proper /etc/stinit.def in place. The modification was just to run /sbin/stinit as the first instruction in the start() routine of the /etc/init.d/networker script -- So, this should work just fine. I'll have to test it though...