Networker

Re: [Networker] Datazone Size...

2008-10-02 13:33:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Datazone Size...
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:30:48 -0400
Hey Will,

Thanks for the response!

Couple of questions... I'm assuming your implying setting up 4 dedicated
storage nodes that are connected via the SAN fabric and backing up
snapshots...

For us, that is the direction we're heading but only about 80 or so of
those hosts are SAN attached so it doesn't but us much from a client
connectivity stand point but the majority of our data is on those 80
servers.  One question I do have though that this brings up, can you
backup a filesystem from a dedicated storage node and have it save the
meta data to another clients index or do you have to use a full storage
node?  save -c clientnameofdataowner

Good to hear about the 700 clients...

Thanks!

Joel