ADSM-L

Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?

2002-09-24 16:52:12
Subject: Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:47:58 -0600
Gretchen,

I've looked at our servers and have over 1.2 terabyte in system object
data, and 11,700,000 files.  This from 1400 nodes.  Do you mean to say by
"delete them" you actually go out and del fi * "SYSTEM OBJECT"?

I looked at one object and there were 14 inactive versions...we keep 4 and
run expiration weekly.

I don't think many (if any) of our clients restore from these data, but do
you mean literally that you delete them?

Thanks.  Regards.  John

At 10:55 AM 9/24/02 -0400, Gretchen L. Thiele wrote:
Hi Fred,

>I've seen the SYSTEM OBJECT problem, it's especially pretty when you can't
>run expiration for six weeks.

It's a pain, I've got a routine set up to find the oversized SYSTEM
OBJECT filespaces and then delete them, but I have two servers with
thousands of WinXP/2K nodes that bloated the databases up to 250GB.
I'm just trying to stay above water on these two and then just move
the nodes to a v5 server for a big 'do over'. Sigh.

Bottom line, get your SYSTEM OBJECT filesystems in check now!

>But I haven't had a scheduled session
>accepted since I hit MAXSESS at 3:04 yesterday morning.  Are you seeing
>this in 5.1.1.6?

Not sure what problem you are seeing. If all of your sessions are in
use, i.e., you've hit MAXSESS, I wouldn't expect any scheduled
sessions to get in. Or am I missing something?

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University