ADSM-L

Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?

2002-09-25 11:56:45
Subject: Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:15:31 -0500
I am interested in reading your write-up.  Is it complete, and if so, under
what subject?  If not, do you have an estimate on when?
Thanks for doing this Gretchen,
Todd

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Gretchen L.  |
|        |          Thiele"       |
|        |          <GRETCHEN@PUCC|
|        |          .BITNET>      |
|        |          Sent by:      |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist   |
|        |          Stor Manager" |
|        |          <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR|
|        |          IST.EDU>      |
|        |                        |
|        |                        |
|        |          09/24/02 08:47|
|        |          PM            |
|        |          Please respond|
|        |          to "ADSM: Dist|
|        |          Stor Manager" |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                               |
  |      cc:
                                        |
  |      Fax to:
                                        |
  |      Subject:     Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?
                                        |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

>I found that the SYSTEM OBJECT which were not unicode were never deleted
>unless I did it manually.  A QUERY OCC * "SYSTEM OBJECT" (without the
>NAMETYPE=UNICODE option) will let you know if you have that problem.
Also,
>did you run the command CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS?  For me, on 5.1.1.4 it ran
but
>never cleaned everything up and it wouldn't run on 5.1.1.6.  I finally had
>to do an AUDITDB FIX=YES.

Actually, this problem occurs with both unicode and nonunicode
SYSTEM OBJECT filesystems. If you delete the nonunicode filesystem
it will rebackup as unicode. The new unicode SYSTEM OBJECT
filesystem will continue accumulate extra versions as well.

I could run CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS with an earlier v5 version,
but it didn't work (I ran it, but then ran it again and it
found more errors). The CLEANUP didn't work (got the loop problem)
under v5.1.1.6, but then the AUDITDB didn't work! This is
what I'm writing up...

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University