ADSM-L

Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?

2002-09-24 11:19:03
Subject: Re: Anyone tried 5.1.1.6?
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:27:30 -0500
In previous versions, when MAXSESS is hit, everybody either goes into a
wait (I once saw over a thousand waiting because of a communications
problem) or they are retried until the number of active goes below the
maximum.  On this patch, once the max is hit, it stays.  So in an empty
system, a SQL dump scheduled for 9:00 this morning was rejected for all
sessions in use.  If I recylce the machine, the count starts over.

At 10:55 AM 9/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>But I haven't had a scheduled session
>accepted since I hit MAXSESS at 3:04 yesterday morning.  Are you seeing
>this in 5.1.1.6?

Not sure what problem you are seeing. If all of your sessions are in
use, i.e., you've hit MAXSESS, I wouldn't expect any scheduled
sessions to get in. Or am I missing something?

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University