ADSM-L

Re: Why are all my NT files getting backed up again?

2002-03-22 09:32:14
Subject: Re: Why are all my NT files getting backed up again?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:29:43 -0500
I've never heard of a journal-based backup causing a backup of the entire
machine.... do we even know whether James is running the journal service?

It might help to know how often these full backups occur, and if there is
any pattern. Also, is it possible that someone is altering any copygroup
settings, perhaps changing the MODE from MODIFIED to ABSOLUTE? Maybe the
file space is getting renamed or deleted?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
03/21/2002 15:40