ADSM-L

Re: Why are all my NT files getting backed up again?

2002-03-22 15:44:23
Subject: Re: Why are all my NT files getting backed up again?
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:41:53 -0500
The archive bit is ignored in TSM incremental backup attribute comparison,
and in anycase
I doubt that virus protection software modifies it (av software tends to
preserve  any changed
attribute data and reset it to the original value).

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on

"Malbrough, Demetrius" <DMalbrough AT TTIINC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
03/22/2002
03:11:40 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>