ADSM-L

Remote Restores for NT Clients

1998-08-26 15:50:01
Subject: Remote Restores for NT Clients
From: Greg Heis <gsheis AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:50:01 -0500
Hello all,

Is is possible to do remote restores for NT 4 clients without using the
webshell or any remote control software?  Specifically my problem is that my
helpdesk folks do not have physical access to the NT boxes?  I can't use the
webshell, because is does not run as a service.  I can't use remote control
because it is "a security risk".  I know that using the immediate client
actions is a possibility, but I'm not so sure about giving help desk
personell access to it.

Any ideas or some functionality I've missed?

Greg Heis
FedEx