ADSM-L

New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.

1998-08-26 14:02:31
Subject: New Win32 v3 ptf5-refresh client..A better mouse trap.
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:02:31 -0400
Well, I just finished installing the refreshed client code for version 3
ptf5
and I was glad to see that they changed the GUI so that an end user is
"less" likely to
backup a network drive.

Good!
Now lets make it just a bit better.
What do you say we remove it as a default of any kind, but still make it
an option that
can be selected for those crazy enough to backup a mapped drive. Anyone?
Anyone?

Anyway. I was testing away when I thought ... Wouldn't it be better if
it was a selectable
menu option similar to the option:

View
  ----> Display active/inactive files

Lets have:

View
-----> Network drives
Of course the default would be NO, but for everyone's amusement it would
Of course the default would be NO, but for everyone's amusement it would
still be there.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Take Care -
CR