ADSM-L

Re: EMC's Enterprise Data Manager

1998-07-08 07:18:30
Subject: Re: EMC's Enterprise Data Manager
From: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 07:18:30 -0400
Since some are using EMC DASD, and it appears that you are looking for a
centralized backup product (and assuming that you have a mainframe??),
another option to review is the FDR/Upstream/SOS product.  The product uses
the EMC DASD as a conduit from OpenSystem to mainframe at SCSI/ESCON speeds
without clogging the network.  And with the EMC Fibre Channel connects, it's
worth consideration!!

Dave Sanders
Sr. Technical Consultant
DSanders AT massmutual DOT com
MassMutual / The Blue Chip Company
1295 State St, E060, Springfield, MA 01111
413-744-5095