ADSM-L

Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?

1998-06-05 09:40:20
Subject: Re: Anyone else having server database contention problems?
From: Bill Quintrell <Bill_Quintrell AT PROVIDENTCOMPANIES DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:40:20 -0400
Bill Quintrell@PROVIDENT LIFE
06/05/98 09:40 AM
Again, my issue is that we did not retrieve nor obtain a list of our files
or move any data.  All you have to do is "ask" for a list of files that
match a certain criteria.  While the server is rifling through the
database, other archive requests no longer get their far crack at the
server.  That one innocent search effectively locks everyone else out of
the database.  I understand the server getting real busy.  I don't accept
that a query should always have such a lockout effect.